Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My Pregnancy Week 13

Wow, I was planning on writing a blog about each week of my pregnancy but that hasn't happened, huh? Anyways...

So, in Week 6 I was saying how different this pregnancy was, how I was hardly sick etc, etc. Well, right after week 6 the morning sickness struck with a vengeance. I have been more sick than I could ever imagine. How is it that something so wondrous could make a woman feel so awful? When I'm not nauseous, I'm hungry, which makes me nauseous so I don't eat, which makes me dizzy, which makes me more nauseous!! It's a vicious cycle. The thought of food at all makes me want to vomit. I have to force myself to eat, unless I'm having a blessed craving, then I can eat whatever that is.

I'm also incredibly tired, more tired than I've ever been in my entire life! I can't seem to get enough sleep and the sleep I do get is filled with vivid, sometimes scary, dreams that wake me up. Plus I get up every two hours to use the bathroom. BLAH!

On a happy note, I had my first prenatal appointment on Friday October 19th. I measured right on for 12 weeks and the heartbeat was 160.

I am hoping that next week I will cross that magical line that leads me into the second trimester and the end of this stuff.

Until then I'll be struggling through my days and marveling at the miracle that is making me so sick.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com