Friday, May 2, 2008

My Pregnancy Week 39

I had a prenatal appointment on Tuesday. Everything is looking good. The heart beat was beating away at 132 and rose to 148 with stimulation (which is what we want!). I lost a pound, but that was no big deal because I also lost a lot of swelling (dandelion leaf tea works wonders, the cold weather has helped as well). I am measuring at 38 weeks so that's right on. The baby is head down and engaged (i.e. way down in the pelvis and not wiggling! Talk about a strange sensation!).

I am feeling good. Some days I am more anxious than others. It seems to be directly correlated with how much sleep I've gotten. haha! Speaking of sleeping I am now having to keep a log of how much I sleep so that I can make sure I am getting at least 8 hours in a 24 hour period because I wake up so much at night. I've found that I sleep an average of 5-6 hours a night, and never sleep more than 1 1/2 hours at a time. So, my daily 2 1/2 to 3 hour nap is essential!

I am tired of people asking me when I'm due and if I've had any contractions yet, but that kind of comes with the territory here at the end so I am trying to be gracious and nice. =) But I secretly would like to smack some people for their insensitive remarks! =P

I am also pretty much out of clothes that fit anymore. Which is hard on a girls self-esteem. =/ But whatever, it happens. And Christopher still thinks I'm beautiful and that's all that matters! =)

My midwife is out of town Thursday through Sunday so I am anxious for Sunday to arrive and her to get back so I can stop worrying about having the baby before she returns. I don't think I will, but it's just kind of nerve-wrecking. If I did go into labor her two assistants would come who I know well and love, and her back-up midwife. I have never met the back-up midwife so I would rather have Patrice there. I would be so sad if she missed the birth, and I know she would be sad as well.

My feeling though is I will go into labor near or after my due date, not before. So, I really have nothing to worry about. It's just one of those things.

I am now on to the weekly prenatal visits, so I will have another one on Tuesday. I'll let ya'll know how that goes. And of course I will update if Oat Bran decides to make an appearance!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica! I just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog because even though I don't see you very often I can keep up with what is going on with your life. I can't wait to see the new addition to our family!! Give Christopher and Timmy a kiss from me. Take care. Love, Aunt Teri

 
design by suckmylolly.com