Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

Happy New Year dear friends! Another year has come and gone- how fast it flew! So many things have happened in the past year I can't believe it is over already. It seems like yesterday it was the first day of 2008.

With a New Year comes new resolutions. I always make several, and I never do them. I try real hard and then I forget/stop/fail my resolutions. So this year in the attempt to actually accomplish my resolution I am only choosing one. And one that I feel really really motivated to actually do. And it's not one of those--today bam! I'm going to stop doing something. Because, as we all know-- that don't work. So, my resolution is going to be gradual, slowly changing throughout the year so that (hopefully) in 365 days from today I will have accomplished my goal.

Are you curious what it is?

Well, I am happy to inform you that you will all be able to take the journey with me. Every week I am going to have a new goal to strive for which will get me one step closer to my over-arching resolution.

What is my resolution?

My resolution is that by the end of 2009, in 365 days from today, I will have converted myself and my family from eating semi/not really at all-healthy to a healthy whole foods diet.
I want to get rid of all the over-processed, empty calorie, nutrient void foods that we eat. And replace them with natural, un-processed, nutrient dense really-good-for-you foods.

I know a lot of people make "eating healthy" one of their resolutions. Maybe if we all work together and keep each other accountable, we can actually reach that goal?

I am hoping that by setting a small goal every week (and hopefully a goal that is relatively easy for everyone to accomplish) by the end of the year I (we?) will have accomplished my (our?) goal. And rather painlessly.

So what do you say? Will you join me? I hope you will--I'm sure you body with thank you.

Here's a toast to 365 days to whole foods!

(see my next post for the first weeks goal)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com