Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thoughts on love....

Because of some tragedies that have been happening here lately I've been thinking a lot about love.

It seems to me that real love is pretty nonexistent these days. People seem to think that love is a feeling and that it can come and go.

Love is not a feeling.

Do I always feel like I love The Handsome Hunk? No, not always. But I do always love him.

Love is an action. a choice.

I choose to love The Handsome Hunk. I choose to be faithful to him. I choose to serve him as his wife.

It takes commitment and devotion.

No matter how hard things get. No matter if our money runs out, or we have a huge fight, or the world stops spinning.....I will love my Handsome Hunk. I stood before God and our families and promised that I would love him "as long as we both shall live"...and folks I ain't planning on dying anytime soon.....and either is he. I made that promise with my whole heart and every ounce of my being and you can be darn sure that I will NEVER go back on it, regardless of our circumstances because...

Love is not dependent on my surroundings.

There is no room for selfishness in a loving relationship.

There must be give and take. There must be compromise. We must put the other above ourselves. This is the only way marriage works. This is how God intended it to work. It's not about me and what I want. It's about us and what we want.

I know this post is kind of weird and scatterbrained but that's how I'm feeling right now. I'm hurt and confused and grieving for some amazing and wonderful people that I love.

I don't quite know what to do and I don't quite know what to say but you know who you are, and I'm praying for you.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com