Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tip Jar Tuesday

This is something new here at the Peel. Every Tuesday I will reach into my tip jar and pass on one of my tips to you. If you would like to participate and add your own tip to Tip Jar Tuesday please write a post on your blog and leave the link in the comments. Or if you don't have a blog just leave your own tip in the comments!

Tip #1

Keeping your shower drain from getting clogged.

If you didn't know I recently had a baby. During my pregnancy my hair ceases to fall out (can we say fabulous?). Now that Red-Haired Girl is three months old (Already? Holy moly time FLIES! Slow down baby, slow down!) I have begun what I lovingly refer to as The Great Shedding of 2008. We're not just talking about hairs here or there, we're talking about clumps, sometimes handfuls at a time. Because this is my second Great Shedding I am not freaking out about going bald (I totally freaked out after Blue-Eyed Boy was born) but just being annoyed at finding hair everywhere. Now, normally when not pregnant or experiencing The Great Shedding I lose a lot of hair. Because of this our shower drain would have to be cleaned out every six months or so. As we all know the "hair catcher" drain cover never catches all the hair. I don't know where I heard or read this tip but it works and we no longer have to clean out our drains!

When you are in the shower you inevitably will get some hairs on your hands, right? Well, instead of rinsing them off to go down the drain, stick them to the wall of your shower. When you are done showering you just run your fingers through the hair, ball it up and throw it in the trash. None goes down the drain!

Try it out. And come back next week for another Tip Jar Tuesday!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com