Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tip Jar Tuesday

Tip #3

Removing tea and coffee stains from mugs

Today we are moving to the kitchen for our tip! You know how no matter how many times you wash (and scrub) your mugs there is always that brownish residue left over from your coffee or tea? Well, the solution to this problem uses something most of us have right there in our baking supplies, and it takes very little "elbow grease" to work!

Good old baking soda! Now this stuff can clean and deodorize a lot of things but today we will focus on our coffee/tea stained mugs.

To clean the stains from your mugs:

1. Sprinkle a little soda in the DRY mug. Probably about a 1/2 to 1 tsp--a little goes a long way!

2. Wet your fingers. I just dipped my fingers in the sink. You don't need a lot of water.


3. Rub the soda around the mug with your fingers. I used my fingernails to get down in the bottom crease. If you are washing more than one dump the soda from this mug into the next before doing step 4.

4. Rinse and enjoy your nice shiny mug!

Here's a before and after for ya: (obviously the left is before and the right is after)










I did this to all the stained mugs in my cupboard (there were 7 that were stained) and it took me about 5 minutes from start to finish. We don't drink coffee so I don't know if it would take longer to get those stains out or not.

Try it out!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com