Sunday, January 27, 2008

And you know, He WAS there

Last night our church hosted In-Rush. This is a Muskegon wide get together of the "Big C" Church to worship and hear amazing speakers. It lasts for two nights.

I was blessed enough to have my mother-in-law watch Blue-Eyed Boy so I could go. (please see this for more on that.) I must say that it was exactly what I needed.

The worship was amazing. The preaching was amazing. Pastor Tim Brown spoke on the story of Ezekial and the dry bones coming to life. Over and over he kept saying this Hebrew phrase that was said in the synagogue....(This is how it sounds (to me), not how it is actually written in Hebrew) "Kazak, Kazak, Vineet, Kozeat!" In English this is "Be strong! Be strong! Make each other strong!". The overall message he wanted to get across to us was...God has breathed life in you, so that He can breathe life through you. Wow. That's all I can say.

Pastor Joe Layne also spoke a short sort of "devotional". I think what he said is both empowering to Christians and yet overwhelmingly convicting. He said we have this "waiting dilemma". We pray and pray and pray for God to move, that we are waiting for God to move, that God would show Himself and work to save/help/rescue our City. But the fact is....God is waiting for us to move. "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14).

The night was called In-Rush because we long for an indwelling of the Spirit to come among the churches of Muskegon. AND HE DID! The Spirit of God was palpable in that room. We could feel it rushing around us and through us. We could taste it. We could feel it.

And now the question in......did it change us? Did it bring a revolution to the churches of Muskegon? Can we now work together to help our City? I pray it was so, I long with all my being that it was so!

I know I was changed. I am ready.
Here I am Lord........
if You can use anything......
You can use me.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com