Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sleeping at Grandma's house: a Mother's dilemma

Last night I was blessed to go to In-Rush. (Please see here for more.)

I was super blessed by the evening.

BUT

To accomplish this my little boy had to spend the night at Grandma's house.

He was super excited. He helped pack his suitcase, yelled "yay" the whole way (it's a 4 minute drive-YES we've timed it!) there in the car, and gave me a huge hug and ran off once we got there.

I am glad for this reaction. I have wonderful in-laws. (GASP!! You have wonderful IN-LAWS??!! I know, I know I am extraordinarily blessed....please see here for more of my amazing blessings)

BUT

I MISSED MY BABY

Why is it that 9 months of pregnancy creep by with all the urgency of a slug, but two years of life disappear in the blink of an eye?

Why is it that by the end of the day I can't wait for him to just go to bed, but last night I hardly slept because he wasn't here?

I didn't get my morning snuggle.

There was no laughter in our home this morning, just two sleepy adults trying to get ready for church.

From this I learned

We couldn't go back to being child-less.

Am I over-possessive?

You're dang right I am!!

Did I enjoy having a night "off"?

You're dang right I did!!

But oh the bliss of knowing that my baby is tucked safely in his bed, in our home--RIGHT. NOW.

1 comments:

Christopher said...

You're a wonder. That's all I have to say about it.

 
design by suckmylolly.com