Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm. An. Idiot.

For the past couple of weeks I have been getting extremely dissatisfied with our can-opener. It hasn't been working very good. It's really hard to turn the handle, and I couldn't figure out why. I was about ready to throw the thing in the garbage (after opening a bunch of cans and my arm hurting), but I decided to put it back in the drawer. It does still work after all.

The next day I found it in the stack of dirty dishes I was washing.

I was really annoyed. I love my husband, but he never puts things away in the right place. (especially in my kitchen). So, with my hands all sudsy and wet I contemplated whether I should whack him over the head with it or just put it away. As luck would have it (lucky for the Handsome Hunk because whacking him over the head was winning--I was grumpy that day) it slipped out of my soapy hands into the sink.

Why didn't it occur to me before to wash the can-opener? I don't know. Why don't I wash it regularly like I do every other appliance in the kitchen? I don't know.

The fact of the matter is I washed it (by accident). And guess what?

It works like new. Go figure.

1 comments:

Janell said...

that happened to me before too. i had a really nice kitchenaid can opener and it got all gunked up so i sprayed it with 409 and now it works like a charm. now if we could only get our husbands to put things away we would be all set! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com