Tuesday, July 15, 2008

R.I.P. Blue Guy Part II

If you haven't done so already please read R.I.P. Blue Guy Part I here.

My Big Boy is doing fantastic. I am so proud of him. Yesterday morning was rough. He was very, very grumpy and wanted to be held and comforted a bunch. This was pretty impossible because Red-Haired Girl decided to be clingy and grumpy as well. So, I had an unhappy toddler on my hands. (who decided to get up at 6:40am!! bah!)

At nap time he asked for blue guy a few times, cried a little then went to sleep.

Bedtime was a little more stressful. There was much crying. It took about half an hour/45 minutes to settle him down, with Handsome Hunk and I alternately going in to comfort him.

So far today he has only asked about the blue guy once. Here's how the conversation went....

Blue-Eyed Boy: "ma-ma, we lost my blue guy"

Me: "Yep we did"

Blue-Eyed Boy: "blue guy all gone"

Me: "Yes, he's all gone, but you don't need him"

And then he asked for a carrot. (I know I have a strange kid who asks for carrots at 7:30 in the morning).

So, here we are at day three without the blue guy. I really can't believe it is going so well. The funny thing is Blue-Eyed Boy looks really strange to me without that thing in his mouth constantly. It seems strange to me that I am not used to seeing my kids entire face!

A very positive thing....his pronunciation is improving dramatically!

And you can be sure that Red-Haired Girl will be done with a pacifier before she hits 1. We have learned our lesson! Oh the joys of parenthood.

1 comments:

Kristina said...

Aww, too cute, Jess! I referenced this post on my post for today.

 
design by suckmylolly.com